Thursday, January 2, 2014

August 2013 - Very Hungry Caterpillar Overalls

When this cute little outfit popped up in my Pinterest feed I smiled and then didn't think too much about it. (Image from Two Little Banshees Blog (Overalls for Olive)

 
Then a few months later I stumbled across a meter of a very light drill fabric - a special remnant of Very Hungry Caterpillar that my Mum had picked up in Japan - and thought that the overalls would be perfect for a special little niece who was having a VHC-themed first birthday party.


I went on a Pinterest hunt to track down the blog, find out the details of the pattern, and then put out the call to my online quilty friends to see if anyone had a copy of the Ottobre magazine with the pattern.

 
Sure enough one of them did and a short time later the magazine turned up in the post courtesy of the very generous Carmel. I got tracing and cutting and sewing and soon enough I had a finished outfit that I loved. It was wonderful to know that this special fabric would be going to someone who would appreciate it - much easier to cut up and sew when you know it will be valued.

 
The legs in the pattern seemed very short so I added length based on the measurements of the little girl, and boy am I glad I did. They fit perfectly.


(Thanks for the loan of the pattern Carmel, it should be back to you by now.)

And I'm chalking this up as a contribution to Rachy's 'Totally Pinspired Challenge' (see here: The Dove Nest - Totally Pinspired ).




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute overalls - even cuter niece. No problem lending you the pattern :)