Monday, January 20, 2014

July 2013 - Little Hoodlum


 
 I started this jumper in July 2012. Jack wanted a green jumper with a hood and I had seen several completed versions of the Little Hoodlum (by Julia Stanfield, available on Ravelry) around the blogs. I liked that it was knit in the round with minimal seaming so I dragged Jack off to Lincraft to select the yarn. Green is hard to find! I wanted a variegated yarn but most greens were mixed with pink. He settled on this rainbow-multi with a mint-green base. It is Patons London 8ply acrylic/wool blend.
 
I got most of the body completed before it got hot and put it aside to work on the sleeves throughout summer, thankful I had cast on a larger size. As happens with all my projects it was a long time between stitches. I picked it up again at the start of winter, determined to get it finished.
 
The sleeves and hood took much longer than expected and I cast off and wove in the ends right at the end of July 2013. Just in time for a 30deg heatwave. I think it got worn once. I'm hoping I made it big enough to still fit him for winter 2014. Might need a brick on the head to slow him down a bit.
 
 

1 comment:

MY SPACE said...

Hi lovely lady, long time! I love this hoody, it is fab! well done x