Thursday, September 10, 2009

Even more stars - look how they twinkle

A week off work has given me time to get sewing - and look what I've managed to acheive!

I'm really happy with this especially as it is the most complicated pattern I've attempted.
It is actually quite simple to piece as it is all strips, but the cutting and measuring require a bit of concentration.
Not one to be working on while enjoying a glass of red!

I got the outer borders sewn on this morning and spent quite a bit of time with the iron and a can of starch before taking these photos. Then I took a trip to the local quilt store to pick backing and binding fabric, batting and thread. The backing is a terracotta-orange colour and I picked up some fqs of the fabrics used in the stars so I can do a scrappy binding. I'll even have some leftovers for cushions if I ever get around to it.
The plan is to get the quilt basted by Sunday afternoon and then work on it for an hour or so every day or two and hopefully I'll have a finished quilt in a few weeks. I've even tidied up the sewing room so I can leave it underway once I start.
I did sign up for the EB doll quilt challenge at the same time - -although I'm hoping to get both finished together.

No comments: